We are delighted to be working with an established organisation in Hertfordshire who are recognised within their sector and is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Team Leader.
- To lead and motivate a team in line with department standards
- To ensure appropriate procedures, standards, security and controls for the development and support of IT platforms
- To carry out recruitment of staff
- To plan resources and tasks and projects to be carried out by staff
- To plan training as needed by staff
- To liaise with user areas and IT colleagues so as to understand their IT operational requirements
- To communicate with developers and database administrators to ensure they are up to date with system changes
- To document key procedures and controls in line with company standards
- To attend meetings and contribute to IT strategy and policy making as required
- To establish and maintain appropriate procedures for monitoring system performance and usage.
- To carry out installation and configuration of the Windows and Linux operating platforms to maximise utilisation of system resources
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate procedures and monitoring data back-up processes.
- To write scripts to assist with procedures and monitoring controls.
- To provide support in response to requests for technical assistance in line with company quality and service level agreements.
- To develop personal or technical skills and capability through on-going training as provided by, or approved by HR.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate group, regulatory and industry audit requirements.
- To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required
- Extensive experience of system administration of Windows server systems
- Extensive experience of system administration of RedHat Enterprise server systems
- Work within a corporate environment adhering to ITIL-compliant processes and procedures
- Good understanding of IT Security
- Good written and clear verbal communications
- Personal skills appropriate to a team leadership position
- Making decisions
- Ability to challenge others
- Demonstrating initiative and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- HP Servers
- VMware ESX
- SAN technology
Due to a very high number of applications we are unable to come back to every candidate with feedback. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Your CV will be registered with us and we will keep you updated with any other positions that may be of interest. However please keep checking our website as new roles will be updated daily, Unico Recruitment wishes you the best of luck in your job search.
Unico Recruitment Ltd operate as an independent recruitment agency with over 20 years of experience supporting clients and candidates nationally across the UK
- Technical Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'