Infrastructure Support Engineer- Luton- 9 month FTC
Have you gained experience in supporting and maintaining Infrastructure and applications? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as Infrastructure Support Engineer ESP Global Services based onsite at one of our valued customers in Luton could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Infrastructure Support Engineer role involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team to provide on-site support and maintenance for all Infrastructure and applications, from the point of them entering production through to retirement. We pride ourselves on our customer service, you will ensure a consistent and high level of customer service is provided to the customer first time every time whilst continuing to build relationships with all key stakeholders and departmental areas.
* Responsible for the day to day 2nd Line operational management of business applications, database and middleware platforms.
* Resolving incidents and problems within SLA, escalated from the service desk.
* Responsible for the ongoing maintenance for the operational guidelines for routine tasks of IT Operation, including monthly server patching
* Assure Service availability, capacity and performance through managing and maintaining optimum and rigorous technical controls and delivery of continuous service delivery improvement.
* Contribute to the ongoing project work
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of maintaining line of business applications and services
* A deep understanding of application/ data integration tools and best practices
* Positive team player with excellent customer service skills
* Experience in the automation of manual tasks through the use of PowerShell or by using tools like Microsoft Systems Center.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Server Platforms, system administration and troubleshooting techniques
* Ability to work under pressure
Monday - Friday - 0900- 1730
Salary: £30,000- £35,000, pro rata
* Free parking
* We offer a free Learning and Development portal that boasts hundreds of courses
* We also provide employees with Perkbox which enables discounts with most major retailers restaurants and leisure providers
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response.
- Microsoft Systems Centre
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job