Teaching Personnel, the UK's largest education recruitment agency, is seeking an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our expanding IT department based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City providing support and maintaining core infrastructure, systems and services critical to the running of the Education Personnel group.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of support, including five or more years of operating and maintaining core infrastructure services and environments.
- A logical approach to problem solving and technical troubleshooting, showing a drive to find solutions without sacrificing quality.
- Honesty and integrity, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and issues.
- A positive can-do attitude and a willingness to take the initiative.
- An ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Diligent and reliable.
- A desire for continuous self-learning and an interest in moving to cloud based infrastructure environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation to a high standard.
- Accepts that the role will require, on occasion, anti-social hours to be worked.
The role entails:
- Supporting the existing desktop, network and server infrastructure, assisting in project based work to improve and enhance the environment.
- Providing second level technical and application support as an escalation point for the Service Desk team.
- Working in an ITIL environment to resolve service requests and incidents within agreed SLAs.
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining infrastructure environments.
- Performing third-party software maintenance, patching and upgrades.
Required knowledge and skills are:
- A good knowledge and competence with Microsoft technologies, including:
- Windows OS including 7, 10, Server 2008 and Server 2012
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Exchange Online and Office 365
- Remote Desktop Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016
- In depth knowledge and experience of virtualised server environments based on VMware vSphere 6.0 / 6.5.
- Strong knowledge and experience with networking technologies, including:
- Juniper switches
- Security Endpoints
- Wireless (Aruba)
- Infrastructure monitoring (WhatsUp Gold)
- Knowledge and experience of disaster recovery and backup technologies, including Veeam Backup and Replication.
Desirable knowledge and skills are:
- Relevant Microsoft, VMware and/or Juniper certifications strongly desirable.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation languages, such as Chef or Puppet.
- Support knowledge of the Access product suite, including RDB ProNet, Dimensions, SelectPay, and SelectHR.
- Configuration and support of office communication systems including Avaya IP Office and Siemens Unify.
- Experience supporting BYOD, Apple and Android mobile devices, including enterprise mobility management services.
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in an ITIL environment. ITIL v3 Foundation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job