Role Title: Infrastructure Support Engineer - Compute & Network
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) partners with key multi-national organisations in the Global economy. We enable them do ‘more with less’ by empowering their people to work more flexibly, simply and more efficiently. Across our global fixed and mobile networks, cloud-based hosting platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, technical expertise and professional services offerings, we can connect global organisations in a rapid changing world to ensure they stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. Are you now ready to connect your career with us?
To provide exceptional customer service through the skilled management and timely resolution of Cloud & Security customer incidents.
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve Cloud & Security server platform and operating system incidents.
- Collaborate with Cloud & Security customer technical teams to progress and resolve Incidents
- Receive and manage technical escalations.
- Contribute to root cause analysis of customer incidents, driving continuous service improvement
- Develop and broader platform and operating system skills within team through coaching, mentoring and the creation of high quality technical support documentation.
- 3-4 years’ experience supporting server hardware, operating systems, virtual platforms, backups, and storage solutions.
- Track record of resolving complex high severity customer incidents
- Proven ability to focus on the customer at all times
- Clear understanding of why customers use Cloud & Hosting services
- Confident when interacting with technical colleagues, customers, and key stakeholders.
- VMWare Admin and Support
- Windows Server OS Support and/or
- Red Hat Linux Support
- HP Hardware
- Computing degree or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation v3
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our reative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world.
The future is exciting.
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact .