Infrastructure Operations Engineer / IT Systems Administrator / Network Administrator / IT Support Engineer
Cisco, Wintel, LAN/WAN's, MS Windows, WSUS, SCCM, DNS, Active Directory, O365, Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, ITIL, ZenDesk, IDS
A talented and enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer is required to join a new technical operations team for an exciting new start up that provides a cutting edge new Cloud based Digital Services platform that helps protect and enhance personal data.
The team's goal is to create ultra-scalable and highly reliable systems. The team run and operate production systems focusing on availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, event management and capacity planning. The team have all the relevant skills to manage base code, databases, micro services, datacentre infrastructure and connectivity whilst focused attention on security aspects of confidentiality, integrity and availability. They operate, manage and support multiple Client products and services across a number of datacentre platforms, and the corporate technology and networking.
Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Incident and Major Incident management, restoring a failed IT service as quickly as possible, and ensuring appropriate workarounds put in place if incidents are not resolvable within the agreed Service Levels.
- Develop and deliver well thought out technical problem resolutions, through understanding of system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions, preparing system specifications for review by Engineering and DevOps teams, and if required writing appropriate code to repair systems disrupted through bugs or defects.
- Access management, granting authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Problem management, preventing incident from happening, and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented, maintaining known errors and workarounds
You will be a highly experienced Infrastructure Engineer with a broad technical skill set gained within a technical operations or infrastructure support environment with skills in many of the following areas:
- Network & Security principles and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, switching, Firewalls, load balancers)
- Cisco LAN and WAN networking (firewall and associated rules and traffic management, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Mobility)
- Remote VPN
- Windows Server technologies like Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, WSUS, SCCM
- Microsoft Server management experience - certified MCSA, MCSE
- Linux server
- Web Servers, SQL
- Administration of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Configuration of Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware products
- Office 365 Administration including Security and Compliance
- Logging, monitoring and auditing tooling and management
- Familiar with ITIL IT Service Management practices.
- Experience in designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting IP-based data networks (LAN/WAN)
- Ability to lead and oversee technical aspects of deploying new infrastructure or executing platform upgrades/enhancements in a production environment.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with a comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment in a brand new state of the office. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
- Active Directory
- Group Policy