Infrastructure Manager | £60,000 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation in Glasgow is looking to add an Infrastructure Manager to their team.
Your new role
- To contribute to the Head of Operations and Infrastructure Architecture function in development of ICT departmental strategies to align with the overall organisational strategy including Cloud adoption.
- Develop and implement service management standards, monitoring and performance reporting across all infrastructure services, Server Storage, Messaging and Collaboration, Data Centres.
- Develop and implement continual service improvement processes, actions and reporting based on root cause analysis of incidents, problems and issues
- Develop and implement hardware and software standards for servers, storage and databases
- Develop and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy of the Server Storage environments and Disaster Recovery.
- Establish and implement 'best practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, Server and Storage hardware etc
- Responsible and accountable for changes affecting the ICT infrastructure and that such changes take place in a controlled and auditable manner
- Ensures high availability, backup and recoverability of all corporate systems
- Owns and maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recoverability
- Manage team leads comprising; Unix and Storage, Wintel, Messaging /collaboration team and Data Centre teams, in their daily activities and conduct performance development activities as required
- Manage the infrastructure teams through team leads to deliver a stable and high performing infrastructure in safe and secure data centres
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of staff augmentation and systems support
- To negotiate between ICT application development and support areas, other directorates and external suppliers to resolve often highly technical or contentious issues and conflicts to ensure that projects and work packages are delivered on time and within budget
- Advise on the technical specification relating to the development or procurement of new information systems or ICT infrastructure, developing of Business Cases if appropriate
- Monitor and resolve Problem Management for instances where the underlying cause of an incident is not clear or requires further investigation
- Close liaison with Design Authority and application platform owners to develop strategic direction of infrastructure platforms, implementation roadmaps and planning for refresh cycles
- Maintain and enforce security and access controls
- Schedule planned preventative maintenance
- Ensuring subject matter awareness of colleagues as appropriate to their roles.
- Development and facilitation of ICT Disaster Recovery tests.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience working in an ICT infrastructure support environment, with management experience
- ITIL or PMI Certification
- Quality and service level driven service delivery experience
- Extensive experience of developing, introducing and stabilising ITIL based service management across all infrastructure areas of networking, storage and server
- Developing and implementing service metrics and performance reporting
- Must have strong hands-on /technical knowledge of server, storage and Cloud technologies
- Must have good familiarity with IT Infrastructure technologies like Storage Area Networks (SAN, WAN acceleration, virtualisation )
- Must have proven management skills with the ability to mentor staff members
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Highly organised /Methodical.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Comfortable working with senior management across the business with the ability to influence others.
- Able to present technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required
- Infrastructure transition to the Cloud
- Awareness of developments in IT infrastructure
- Strong customer orientation
- Exhibits flexibility, initiative and self-reliance, and willingness to act as go to person when it comes to the infrastructure technologies supporting both project and operations
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
What you'll get in return
You will have access to a full range of benefits to support you both inside and outside of work. As well as a competitive salary they offer a great range of benefit including an excellent pension and holidays with a city centre location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.