Infrastructure Lead/Manager - London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and energetic Infrastructure Manager to join an award winning and forward thinking professional services client based in the heart of London. The purpose of this role is to manage all IT Infrastructure activities, managing the internal team of 7, and relationships with third party suppliers.
The role will work across the Technology function to contribute to the development, planning and execution of IT strategy and work with the Head of IT Operations and CTO.
The successful candidate will have proven ability in consulting, influencing and interacting with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally through conscious development of personal networks and relationships.
- Lead, manage and mentor a multi-disciplined Infrastructure team responsible for delivering and supporting network, server and cloud infrastructure services.
- Responsible for the recruitment and continuous development of team members.
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure is designed and positioned to deliver the Firm's IT strategy.
- Ensure correct resource management for effective delivery of services.
- Ensure work is allocated effectively between team members, capitalising on individual strengths and addressing any particular development areas. In addition, establishing key objectives and performance indicators to build a high performance team.
- Promote a team-working environment by communicating informally and formally with the team to maintain and improve quality standards
- Ensure that appropriate layers of security are in place to protect the Firm's infrastructure against security threats.
- Liaise with internal/external customers to understand and resolve technical issues as quickly as possible and that lessons learnt are fed into a robust improvement process.
- Ensure maintenance, emergency (DR/Crisis), security, operational and housekeeping procedures are implemented, standardised and maintained, and that team members adhere to those procedures at all times.
- Strong and proven experience within an IT Infrastructure team with at least 3+ years relevant management experience
- Wide and deep hands-on experience of Technology Infrastructure in the following areas:
Hosting: Servers, Storage and Data Centre
Network, Voice ,Unified Communications and Messaging
Virtualisation: Vmware, Hyper V
Cloud Services: Azure,O365 and AWS
Security: Next generation firewalls, IPS, IDS, Encryption technologies
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Able to lead and motivate a team successfully
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job