Project/Infrastructure Implementation Engineer
Your new role
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist with various IT infrastructure related projects including Network design, Network security, System build / upgrades and some critical BAU activities. A person in this position is a strong hands-on technical contributor with a broad knowledge and solid experience in the area of networking, servers & storage, virtualisation and cloud computing.
The candidate will work with the internal infrastructure team as well as the external consultants and service providers, taking ownership of technical implementation aspects of projects for the infrastructure team. Working alongside the project manager to ensure the appropriate project deliverables including the technical High-level & Low-level designs (HLD & LLD) are produced in order to meet the business requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have minimum of 5 years proven hands-on IT infrastructure project implementation / delivery experience in large complex environments
- Excellent technical knowledge of Windows in the datacentre infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server technologies 2008 / 2012 (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO) MCSE or equivalent qualification would be beneficial.
- Excellent working knowledge of one or more virtualisation technologies including, but not limited to, VMWare, Citrix (XenApp / VDI) and HyperV as well as some experience in 'new' disaster recovery virtual machine replication technologies such as Zerto.
- Excellent working knowledge of Network Routers / Switches / APs/ firewalls / NAC / VPN Gateways (Cisco / Meraki / PaloAlto / FortiGate technologies), relevant industry certifications would be beneficial.
- Good technical understanding of storage technologies including block-level and file-level storages (SAN / NAS)
- Some experience with cloud technologies such as Google / Azure / AWS / O365
- Ability to write reports and routine business correspondence.
- High quality technical writing skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job