Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for talented and motivated Infrastructure Engineers to join our teams across the UK. We are interested in hearing from Senior Technicians, Engineers, Senior Engineers and Principal Engineers with infrastructure design experience from a consultancy background who are looking for their next challenge.
The infrastructure supporting our communities and cities are essential networks; they are our lifelines to provide economic developments, support well-being and ensure the functioning of our surroundings. With the population of the world projected to reach heights of 9 billion by 2050, the necessity for sustainable, innovative and resilient infrastructure is becoming increasingly crucial.
What does the role involve?
Our infrastructure expertise extends from our traditional civil engineering base to innovative designs. Our infrastructure clients extend across both the public and private sectors including major asset owners, architects, developers, contractors, government agencies and local authorities.
You will be responsible for Civil Engineering and Infrastructure design, including:
- Civil engineering design calculations, specifications, drawings and technical information.
- Liaising with clients, wider design team, statutory authorities, contractors, etc.
- Undertaking site surveys and writing reports.
- Preparing and checking designs, drawings and calculations.
- Carrying out contract management on delegated schemes.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess (experience level commensurate with role being applied for):
- A Civil Engineering HNC, HND or Degree.
- A high level of competency using software packages such as AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and Civil3D.
- Experience of infrastructure design (below ground drainage; services coordination; cut/fill; pavement design; external levels; etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations and Health and Safety.
- An understanding of projects both during design and construction.
- Experience of carrying out designs and management of civil engineering works.
- Experience of undertaking site surveys and inspections.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
We can offer excellent career development and training opportunities including the payment of subscriptions for up to two institute memberships and rewarding the attainment of your CEng professional status with a salary increase of £2,500 plus a one-off bonus of £1,500. IEng status is also rewarded with a salary increase of £1,500 plus a one-off bonus of £1,000.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to speak to you further. Simply click "Apply" and complete our application process and a member of our Recruitment team will be in touch!
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'