An award-winning client of mine is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Daresbury on a permanent basis.
Main Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Achieve performance with the delivery of client activity to budget and timeframes.
- Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Manage and monitor all hosted installed systems and infrastructure which may include identify any performance issues proactively
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Initiate and implement architecture and changes, while ensuring that the existing infrastructure services are not negatively impacted
- Work as part of the NOC Team to ensure security, reliability and availability of the hosted services
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with other technical experts and/or NOC Team
- Take ownership of all datacentre services ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Assist with on boarding new clients into the hosted infrastructure.
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with all hosted infrastructure and services
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and/or reports as when required
- Assist in maintaining client satisfaction with hosted services
- Provide monthly reporting on all hosted infrastructure resources.
- Provide as required a high level of technical input to projects and/or the helpdesk support the team as escalation as and when required
- Define/document target architecture; anticipate growth; ensure scalability; stay abreast of industry trends and assess new products.
- Keep abreast of market / technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives
Key Skills Required of the Infrastructure Engineer:
- 5+ years consulting a multi-datacentre network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, DR Systems.
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Ideally consulting a hosted environment with experience of datacentres
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with third party service providers and vendors
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will be paid up to £40,000 per annum. If interested, please apply immediately.
We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'