We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for the IT Department, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will work closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s internal networks, servers and security systems.
- Administration and maintenance of company’s networks
- Configuration and set-up of new server and storage
- Firewall administration
- Administration of email servers for company-wide email including Office 365
- Keeping the network functioning at optimal levels; this includes the internal network (LAN), a company-wide network that encompasses multiple locations (WAN), as well as the connection to the Internet
- Server maintenance and backup
- Assigning and maintaining user logon and access privileges
- Protecting internal users from outside threats, including hackers, viruses, spyware and malware.
- Liaising with the IT Service Desk
- Technology training as knowledge develops
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices
- Develop and write procedures for installation and problem solving for hardware and software
- Schedule weekly Windows Fixes/Patches
- Provide out of hours support as required
- Liaising with Distribution Centres’ IT support
- Input into IT Acceptable Use Policy/Change Control
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Works well both alone and in a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Good Knowledge of MPLS/WAN/LAN communication
- Good knowledge of VPNs
- Good knowledge of Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Switching and Routing
Required knowledge of administering:
- Windows Servers (2003 to 2019)
- Windows 10 and Windows POSReady 7/2009/WEPOS
- Microsoft Exchange (2016)
- Office 365
- Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Clustering
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft BizTalk
- Backup software
- Basic SAN functionality
- Solarwinds monitoring
- IP Phone systems
- Service desk support systems
Desired Knowledge of administering:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Oracle Databases
- Nimble OS
- NetApp ONTAP
- Microsoft Application Virtualisation
- Computer Science Degree / MCSA or MCSE qualified
- Considerable and current experience as a network administrator on enterprise infrastructure deployments
Full Time Position, 38.75 hrs per week
Friday 07:45 - 16:30
Saturday-Sunday 08:15 - 17:00
Monday-Tuesday 07:45 - 16:3
Salary depending on experience
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'