My client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of premium IT solutions. This is an opportunity to join a well-established team within a rapidly growing organisation.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer who demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
• To assist the Lead and Senior Engineers in providing a high quality of customer service and support that will ensure that all staff are able to access the ICT services as required, using properly configured and reliable devices.
• Ensure that all users in their local area receive a consistent level of support, working within agreed service levels as necessary, which minimises the time for identifying and fixing user reported problems.
• Configuring and commissioning PC hardware and software as required, retaining master copies of installed software in a secure location, ensuring as far as possible that all copies are properly licensed. Supporting PC network hardware and software components as required, to maximise the availability of facilities to users.
• Providing administration and technical support for server machines, particularly local Domain Controllers, and for network management software including support for all networked services (e.g. email, INTERNET access, etc.). Managing local backup procedures and the security of backup data and media.
• Ensuring compliance with ICT Security Policies in all PC and LAN usage including, where necessary, installing and maintaining up-to-date standard virus protection software on all PCs and server machines as directed by the Senior Engineer, or other relevant manager.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2013, O365
• UCS Blade Centre and EMC San
• Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 workstations
• MS Azure
• Microsoft Dynamics
• Microsoft System Centre Technologies including Operations Manager,
• Windows 7/10
• Virtualisation Technologies (VMware or Hyper-V)
• Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, VPN)
• Exchange 2016
• Backup and Recovery technologies
• Strong Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of ITIL • Strong Communication Skills
• MS-Windows Server 2000/2003/2008R2/2012R
• Microsoft Server Virtualisation (Hyper-V) & Virtual Machine Manager 2012
• Windows 2008R2 and 2012R2 Clusters
• SQL server 2005/2008/2012
• Configuration Manager and Service Manager
• Symantec Server Applications, including Backup Exec and Enterprise Vault
• Veeam Backup Solutions
• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO)
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of project management
• Working knowledge of Wrike online project management tool
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Full UK Licence/Own vehicle
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency for this role.
- 3rd Line
- Computer Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"