iRecruit Specialist have a requirement for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a growing organisation in Bracknell. You will be ensuring the availability, performance and functionality of the core IT systems needed to provide the business with the service it requires. The infrastructure team is, responsible for the management of all IT infrastructure including servers, networks unified communications, messaging, backups and server applications.
- Ensure the availability of all mission critical IT systems infrastructure.
- Deploy and support all aspects of infrastructure technology, including servers, storage, networks, telephony, and applications.
- Proactively analyse systems and ensure that any issues are rectified within defined SLA’s.
- Take ownership of project related tasks and ensure actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Provide support to other areas of IT where appropriate and mentor other team members where possible.
- When required, participate in work that is outside of normal working hours, including the monthly security patching activity
- Participation in a 24 x 7 on-call team rota.
- Contribute to the team rota for daily checks and support work.
- Production of technical documentation, including solution design requirements and support procedures
- Minimum 5 years in an Infrastructure role administering and maintaining key Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016, Windows Clustering.
- Proven ability to maintain Dell and HP server hardware platforms and the associated data centre management, required to provide a scalable and highly available
- Experience working with server virtualisation technologies including Hyper-V 2012R2 - 2016 and Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager 2012R2 -2016.
- Demonstrable skills in managing a virtual desktop infrastructure using Citrix XenDesktop with supporting user and environment profile technologies and Wyse thin clients.
- Proven experience working with network storage technologies (SAN) ideally including Nimble, Pure Storage, Nexsan, Brocade fibre switches and WORM storage.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain Backup technology systems such as Veritas NetBackup.
- Experience working within a disaster recovery environment and awareness of the concepts involved in providing highly-available systems across multiple data centres.
- Cisco Nexus routing and switching administration experience.
- Experience in maintaining Cisco Unified Communications telephony systems.
- Ability to work with system vendors on complex issues, working towards resolutions within appropriate timescales.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to deadlines.
- F5 application delivery controllers and global DNS
- Citrix XenApp and Microsoft App-V.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / 2016
- Server and application monitoring systems, ideally Microsoft SCOM
- Airwatch Mobile device management
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft PowerShell capabilities.
- Experience using SIEM and IDS tools to enhance the security capabilities of the infrastructure environment.
- Office 365 / Azure cloud platform management.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- VMware vSpace
- Active Directory
- Network Infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"