This is an exciting opportunity to be the IT Infrastructure Engineer in a newly designed centre of excellence for a fast paced international recruitment company.
We're looking for someone to focus on the delivery of Web-hosting and Virtualisation Infrastructure projects across our business.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist the IT Infrastructure Lead in planning the development of infrastructure services to meet anticipated demand and changes in user requirements and / or technologies.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of escalated issues and problems encountered by customers. Providing 3rd line support behind the Service and Operations teams
- Help create an inspiring workplace in our new Centre of Excellence
Main Purpose of Role
Focus on the delivery of infrastructure projects and the provision of 3rd line support, specifically in the area of Web hosting and virtualisation..
- Timely delivery of approved infrastructure projects, including preparation and deployment of service support tools and training materials for other IT teams.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of escalated issues and problems encountered by customers. Provide 3rd line support behind the Service and Operations teams
- Product ownership. Taking responsibility for the global web hosting and virtualisation services, ensuring availability, scalability and resilience. This includes performance analysis and preventative maintenance.
- Capacity planning - ensuring we have sufficient capacity in the web hosting and virtualisation environments for the projects being rolled out in each financial year.
- Liaison with customers and 3rd party suppliers in respect of service and product provision.
- Experience of deploying and managing VMware vSphere (ESX) servers.
- Experience of managing web server farms.
- Previous experience of NetApp SAN technology would be an advantage.
- An excellent proven knowledge of Microsoft server technologies. Microsoft Server certification is highly desirable.
Experience in the following technical environments would be an advantage
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 including the associated IIS versions
- Ubuntu Linux (web servers)
- VMware vSphere 5.x
- HP Proliant hardware
- Cloud Technologies
If you have the desire to work within a high-performing team, playing a part in building, evolving and maintaining a world class team then we want to hear from you. Get in touch today!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.