Strand Recruitment has been engaged to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer for a prestigious, award winning Leeds city centre based client.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organisational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, optimising and improving the environment. The role will involve supporting BAU activities as well as progressing various key infrastructure projects, delivering them on time and within budget.
Some of your responsibilities will include but limited to:
- Working closely with the 1st and 2nd line teams you will diagnose and resolve problems across the company’s infrastructure.
- You will install, maintain, configure and monitor the various applications in use
- You will carry out daily checks and administration tasks as required and as scheduled on a BAU rota.
- You will design and implement best of breed systems and solutions ensuring the Technical design standards have been adhered to.
- You will provide advice and guidance to our internal customers and colleagues regarding the latest technologies.
- You will carry out system upgrades and patching for key systems such as Hyper-V, Windows and Exchange, ensuring systems are patched as per the patch schedule.
Some of the Essential skills required for the role is as follows:
- 3 years’ experience working in Infrastructure field.
- Strong problem solving, Problem Management and root cause analysis (RCA) skills.
- Good networking understanding (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN).
- Experience working in a technical environment is required.
- Experience administering server and storage technologies (Hyper-converged, Blades technologies, Enterprise SANs, Storage Spaces Direct).
- Experience setting up, configuring and troubleshooting hardware (Server, Storage, Switch), which may include attendance on-site.
- Experience managing Windows server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012 and 2008 R2.
- Experience managing, deploying and adopting Office 365 such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure Active Directory, Information Protection and other O365 features.
- Experience managing enterprise applications (Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, and Active Directory).
Please be aware this role includes an on-call and emergency callout rota. This rota will be at least 1 week in 4 and will be covering the out of hours incidents and alerts for 7 days.
On offer is a great starting basic salary negotiable on experience and skills coupled with a fantastic benefits package. This is a truly unique role for someone who wants to work with a large and very successful organisation that offers training and development along with a long term and rewarding career.
Interviews will be taking place very soon, so please don’t hesitate in applying if you would like to find out more information. Please contact Strand Recruitment for more information
- Network Infrastructure
- Sql Server
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job