Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team based in Thame, Oxfordshire. You will work on a full time, permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
Travelodge are a large and rapidly expanding hotel chain with a UK estate of over 530 properties. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be an experienced technical resource with strong Network, Server and Cloud computing expertise with a focus on Infrastructure applications. Ideally, you will have at least 5 years’ of experience in an Infrastructure role and be able to prioritise and own support issues through to resolution.
What you will be doing as our Infrastructure Engineer
- Providing an awesome, responsive and friendly service at all times
- Resolving technical problems, using a methodological & detailed approach to problem solving
- Enabling, training and promoting our colleagues on technology systems
- Delivering excellent service to our internal customers
- Performing daily system checks on a rota basis
- Checking and managing the support queue for the Infrastructure team
- Documenting technical solutions (current and new), support processes and guidelines
- Supporting the provision and maintenance of internally hosted systems
- Coordination of third party suppliers who maintain, supply and support the Infrastructure estate (network, server and end-user compute)
- Managing incidents and outages through to resolution and implementation of corrective maintenance
- Ensuring compliance following industry standards as part of PCI and GDPR
- Helping to ensure maintenance of the IS status quo to achieve stability of the organisations day-to-day processes and activities
- Provide swift application of operational skills to diagnose and resolve any operational failures that occur
- Monitoring specific system events, respond as required, and ensure that incidents are created as appropriate
- Identification and deployment of the appropriate tools to efficiently monitor the critical systems infrastructure
- Management and provision of IT security and controls
- Management of all backup and restore processes
- Maintenance and testing of disaster recovery plans
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are as important as experience. The three we look for are Care for People, Attention to Detail and Drive for Results.
To succeed in the role, you’ll be passionate about Infrastructure and be able to manage the incident management queue as well as help define ways to improve the Infrastructure services we provide to the business.
The following technical and soft skills are essential for the Infrastructure Engineer role:
- Data networks- LAN, WAN (including MPLS), Firewalls, IPSec VPN tunnels
- Voice networks- VoIP, TDM, PSTN lines
- Data centre / Comms room environments
- Servers (Windows 2008 onwards)
- Active Directory
- Desktop management / support (Windows 7 and above)
- Printers/MFDs including ‘follow me’ printing solutions
- Google G Suite Enterprise
- Chromebox for Meetings
- Airwatch Cloud MDM
- Aerohive Wi-Fi technologies
- AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- ITIL v3 certified (at least)
What you can expect from us as our Infrastructure Engineer
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Infrastructure Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!