Infrastructure Engineer needed for this enterprise sized Plymouth based organisation. Working as part of a core infrastructure team the role will involve providing 3rd Line IT Infrastructure BAU support as well as getting involved in ongoing project work.
Responsibilities are broad and will include:
- Implementation, administration and support of the organisation's Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp environment.
- Management of server, desktop and network (voice and data) technical environments to ensure stability and good performance.
- Maintain server, data and information integrity, recovery capability and security.
- Maintain and administer Active Directory.
- Development, maintenance and testing of DR procedures.
- Planning and managing projects and project tasks as assigned, including regular status reporting, planning, testing documentation requirements gathering and options appraisals.
- Providing third-line support for queries and problems raised through the IT Service desk.
The right candidate will have a good mix of:
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining a Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp environment.
- Demonstrable experience working within an IT department, including 3rd line support level.
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, servers, storage solutions, clustering, LAN/WAN's, TCP/IP, cabling, switches, routers, VPNs, security, PC's, peripherals and thin-client devices and their support.
- Excellent working knowledge of VMWare.
- A good knowledge of telephony systems and handsets and their support.
- Windows PowerShell.
To discuss in detail, please contact Richard Morgan at Remit Resources ASAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job