Do you get excited about trialling new cutting-edge technologies from big vendors? Would you like the opportunity to work for the most successful cloud and hosting provider in the UK? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
What's the role all about?
Working within a specialist engineering team to look after our VMware based cloud platforms and SAN based storage system from single VMs all the way up to large scale cloud infrastructures with 10’s of thousands of VMs. Assisting our in house engineers and customers with cloud architecture design, support, implementation and scaling.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Large scale infrastructure monitoring and support
- Assisting with platform growth and development
- Providing 3rd line support for internal teams and customers on the cloud platforms
- Storage management and repair
- VMware optimisation
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors
- Out of Hours Maintenance
What skills do I need to have?
- Attention to detail is a must
- VMware/Hyper-V at small or large scale
- Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows or Linux
- Previous 1st,2nd or 3rd line support experience including server diagnostics
- Excellent customer service skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Used to installing \ operating infrastructure at a large scale is a plus but not essential
- Configuring/Maintaining Storage arrays
- Dell Compellent
- Dell PowerVault
- Dell Equallogic
- UCS or other blade systems
- IP / iSCSI / FC Networking, Cisco or other
- Stateless Autodeploy
- Knowledge of backup technologies
- Knowledge of DR technologies
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-45k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room - we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga - there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest - our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site - somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables - things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job