As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be supporting the deployment and management of both cloud hosted SaaS platforms and Corporate IT systems within a dynamic, fast-moving financial technology environment. The role is suited to Windows Support / Infrastructure Engineers with at least 3 years’ experience who are keen to broaden and develop their skills and experience, including exposure to cloud and DevOps technologies.Department Information
Equiniti Credit Services develops market leading applications for the finance industry. The company employs highly experienced staff most of whom have extensive knowledge of both the finance industry and the technologies required to deliver effective, modern software solutions.Core Duties/Responsibilities
- Support the EQ Credit Services Infrastructure team in the management and operation of the hosted EQ Credit Services SaaS platforms, across public cloud, private cloud and managed hosting platforms.
- Day to day management and operation of Equiniti Credit Services Corporate IT Systems, including providing L2 / L3 support to the EQ Credit Services IT Service Desk teams.
- Work collaboratively with other EQ Credit Services teams to provide day to day platform support and contribute to on-going infrastructure and platform improvement activities.
- Whilst core hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, must also be willing to work flexibly to support out of hours activities and may be required to join a 24×7 On Call Rota.
- Travel between EQ Credit Services sites (in Harrogate and Yeadon) will also be required ahead of the company’s upcoming move into a single office site in Leeds.
- Good technical experience and understanding of infrastructure principles and architectures.
- Good technical experience and understanding of Corporate Desktop Support - including defining and implementing standard PC builds, policies, patching etc for Windows 7, Windows 10 and Apple machines.
- Good technical experience and understanding of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy etc
- Good technical experience administering Windows Server technologies (e.g. windows server, RDP, Terminal Services, Windows Clusters, WSUS, patching etc), covering Server 2008 and 2012 platforms upwards.
- Good technical experience of Microsoft Office and Unified Communications tools - such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Skype for Business, Slack.
- Good technical experience of Server and Laptop / Desktop security platforms - AV, anti-malware solutions such as McAfee.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to manage IT service solutions.
- Good knowledge of information security practices within the financial services IT industry.
- Knowledge of ITILv3 and Service Management Principles.
Experience or knowledge of the following would also be beneficial:
- Experience of deploying and managing infrastructure platforms in public cloud environments (e.g. Microsoft Azure or Amazon).
- Experience configuring and running automated infrastructure management and configuration tools, such as Windows Powershell, WindowsDSC, Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience of configuring and running automated software deployment tools (e.g. Octopus Deploy, SCCM).
- Experience supporting .Net / IIS applications from an Infrastructure (rather than an Application Development) perspective, working with .Net 4.5 and IIS 7.5 upwards in particular.
- Experience using Microsoft Sql Server 2012 upwards (as an infrastructure administrator).
- Experience administering Linux based systems (whilst this is primarily a Windows based role there are also Linux platforms within the team).
- Experience of Network and Security Appliances and Technologies - such as Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, F5, Netscaler, Web Security Gateways.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Group Policy
- Infrastructure Management