Position: Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer for a Linux Enterprise Environment
We operate a fully virtualized infrastructure using VMware to host a mix of Microsoft Windows and Linux servers running both third party and in-house applications. The underlying hardware platform is built on HP Compute, Tintri VMstore, 25Gbps Cisco core networking, and a resilient 1Gbps WAN connecting our office and multiple datacenter locations.
This role has two elements:
- To support, maintain and operate the firm’s critical technology infrastructure, including being involved in our early/late cover and on-call rotas. The candidate will work closely with suppliers and service providers, as well as directly with users and other internal technology teams to ensure a high level of service is maintained;
- To undertake project work to improve and evolve the technology infrastructure. Projects will typically include designing and deploying upgrades or design changes to major infrastructure components, or introducing new systems into the business. The candidate will be expected to work on small projects as required and lead smaller initiatives wherever possible
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven demonstrable skills with Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Understand the principles of designing and operating highly resilient systems.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in technology and an ability to learn new skills and technologies through exposure on the job.
- Have experience in supporting a trading or middle-office environment, and an understanding of financial products, market data and trading.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a small team, and to build good relationships with traders, developers, and other business users.
- Be an analytical and logical problem solver.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Remain calm and be able to prioritize under pressure, and demonstrate good time management and planning.
- Be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Be genuinely interested in the challenges of supporting a dynamic trading environment.
- An awareness of virtualization concepts and a basic level of experience with VMware vSphere.
- Bash scripting
- Linux systems administration preferably Ubuntu in an enterprise environment.
- Puppet administration skills within an enterprise environment.
- Windows Server and desktop, File Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, Exchange Administration.
- Working knowledge of IP networking concepts.
- Strong general IT skills, especially Excel and other Office products.
- Experience of supporting users in a Windows environment.
- An aptitude for learning and supporting unfamiliar technologies.
- Nagios XI administration
Any of the following will be an advantage:
- Cisco NX-OS, IOS, and Unified Communications Manager
- CheckPoint security gateways, AirWatch MDM, Splunk, F5
- Ability to create and maintain PowerShell scripts
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure, AWS
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Day-to-day 2nd/3rd line support of in-house and third party systems, including early morning or evening support as part of a rota both in the office and on-call.
- Specifying, planning and implementing improvements to systems.
- Acting as an organisational interface between infrastructure and systematic model development.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job