Infrastructure Engineer/Support - Home based with client visits
Hancock and Parsons are working with a Microsoft Gold Partner who are looking for an infrastructure engineer to support them.
You will have a mixture of home working and on client site. The main office is in Twickenham and almost every client is in or around the London area. A large element of this role is remote/home working.
You will primarily be delivering projects, going on-site to clients, working on support tickets and account management. The typical size of any migration within this business is 40 - 100 seats.
The Role & Requirements
- Delivering Projects remotely & on-site for clients such as Office 365 & Azure migrations, office moves & security and compliance projects. These are small project, usually just 50 or so seats.
- Going on-site and handling tier 1/2 issues such as hardware failures, network troubleshooting, software issues, etc.
- Day-to-day network administration of client Servers and workstations including adding users, printers, installing applications, etc.
- Installing, upgrading, and repairing workstations and server hardware and operating systems.
- Support of Internet connectivity including Router and Firewall configurations.
- Develop new project opportunities within your client base
- Support, maintain and enhance the IT infrastructure of customers thus ensuring IT is reliable and robust
- Identify new sales opportunities from support issues
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- IT Support Experience
- Hands-on experience with Servers & Firewalls.
- Any Azure of Office 365 experience is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Sharp memory and diagnostic skills - a sense of excellence and determination.
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Ability to relate highly technical information in a clear and easily understood manner to non-technical personnel.
This is a chance to work with a growing Microsoft Gold Partner, we can offer you a good basic salary with the opportunity for continued growth and development
- Network Administration
- 2nd Line