Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer - Managed Services
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Salford, Manchester
Our client is Manchester based looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their expanding Technical Support Team, providing remote support to our broad range of customers.
The role requires an individual who can deliver quick resolutions with quality customer care, has excellent communication skills via phone and email, can work well as part of a team, is able to multi-task yet show grace under pressure, is able to put the customer first, has a positive attitude towards work and colleagues and enjoys working with new and evolving technologies.
- Dealing with communications from Clients regarding Supported Technologies and Proactive Monitoring Alerts, then when appropriate creating incidents, service requests, problem records and change requests.
- Triaging escalated incidents by accurately assessing impact and investigating issues in a timely manner, whilst adhering to Response SLAs and KPIs.
- Owning and managing escalated tickets both procedurally and technically within Resolution SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensuring all information is clearly and accurately recorded on tickets.
- Escalating tickets to 3rd parties and vendors; then proactively chasing.
- Owning and managing changes to customer environments by creating Request for Changes, which include detailed and actuate information; then arranging implementation.
- Owning and managing own ticket queue.
Essential Personal Qualities:
- First and foremost, you should have a good attitude; which would be a person who enjoys working with technology and is eager to learn and proactively pick up new knowledge and skills. We often find good candidates have their own lab at home etc.
- Concise communication skills and able to give excellent customer service to our customers, with a general ethos of putting the customer first.
- Good Multi-Tasker and shows grace under pressure.
- Has an effective approach to troubleshooting and is a natural problem solver.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills required:
IT Infrastructure Engineer should ideally have technical ability in the following:
- Tier 1 Technologies: VMware vSphere, NetApp SAN (7mode/Cluster/MetroCluster)
- Tier 2 Technologies: Cisco/HP/Mellanox Switches/Firewall/Routers, Cisco UCS Servers, Fujitsu Servers, HP Servers, Nutanix Hyper convergence Servers (VMware, Hyper-V, Acropolis), VMware NSX, Fujitsu SAN, Juniper Firewalls, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure
- Tier 3 Technologies: CheckPoint, Trend Micro Deep Security, Trend Micro Worry Free Business
*We will consider candidates who have a mix of the above depending on skills in each tier*
In return we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary and benefits which includes: Pension, Parking and On Going Training.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'