A technical Infrastructure / Platform Engineer role deploying and managing hosted SaaS platforms within a dynamic, fast-moving financial technology environment. The role is suited to experienced Linux infrastructure engineers who already have a good level of technical understanding (including cloud and DevOps technologies) but are keen to use and develop their skills further.Department Information
Equiniti Credit Services develops market leading applications for the finance industry. The company employs highly experienced staff most of whom have extensive knowledge of both the finance industry and the technologies required to deliver effective, modern software solutions.Core Duties/Responsibilities
- Day to day management and operation of Equiniti Credit Services SaaS platforms across cloud and managed hosting platforms.
- Work collaboratively with Software Development and Product teams providing day to day platform support and contributing to ongoing platform improvement activities.
- Deployment of new and updates to existing, client facing Equiniti Credit Services test and production SaaS platforms, working with internal project teams and external clients as required.
- Support the deployment and operation of client hosted, on-premise Equiniti Credit Services platforms.
- Promote automation of infrastructure builds, configuration, software deployments and platform management through the use of DevOps tools and approaches.
- Whilst core hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, must also be willing to work flexibly to support out of hours activities and will be expected to join a 24×7 On Call Rota. Occasional travel may also be required to client sites.
- The role will initially be based at Equiniti Credit Services’ Yeadon office and will then move to the company’s planned single office site in Leeds.
- Good technical experience and understanding of infrastructure principles and architectures.
- Good technical experience of deploying and managing infrastructure platforms across onpremise, managed hosting and cloud environments.
- Good technical experience administering Linux Server technologies (primarily RHEL).
- Good technical experience supporting Java applications from an Infrastructure (rather than an Application Development) perspective, working with Apache Tomcat in particular.
- Good technical experience configuring and running automated software and server deployment tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform).
- Good technical experience configuring and running Apache Http Server as both an inbound and outbound proxy server.
- Good technical experience using and administering Oracle Databases (10, 11, 12 - as an infrastructure administrator).
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to design, deploy and manage joint IT service solutions.
- Good knowledge of information security practices within the financial services IT industry.
Experience or knowledge of the following would also be beneficial:
- ITILv3 and Service Management Principles.
- Infrastructure Encryption and Key Management - including Server / Storage Encryption, HSMs, Laptop / Desktop Encryption, SSL / TLS Configuration.
- Infrastructure and Application Monitoring platforms - such as New Relic, PagerDuty, SCOM.
- Web Security Proxies / Gateways.
- Load Balancing Technologies / Application Delivery Controllers - such as F5, Netscaler,
- Network and Security Appliances and Technologies - such as Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Juniper.
- Experience and understanding of Windows Technologies including AD, IIS, .Net applications and SQL server (whilst this is primarily a Linux / Java / Oracle based role there are also Windows platforms within the team).
Training and Education (Desirable Qualifications):
- Vendor Certifications / Approved Training Courses - e.g. Red Hat, Oracle, Cloud Providers, DevOps Tools etc.
- Service Management
- Linux Server
- System Deployment