Infrastructure Engineer Fixed Term
Job title: 2nd line Infrastructure Engineer Fixed Term
Salary: To £28K
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large and established IT Organisation on a challenging and complex client site. This is a 48 Month Fixed Term role for either a very experienced 1st Line Engineer with Windows 7/10 experience who is seeking to move into 2nd line, OR a 2nd Line Desktop Engineer who is seeking a complex and rewarding environment to move into. Your experience must cover hardware and software support. Please note, the successful candidate must DV cleared.
Delivery of the core IT services to the client across the three core sites and beyond. This includes maintenance of IT infrastructure, technical support and management for any project related work within a managed service environment. Sopra Steria also provides support to complex and bespoke technical applications. Where required support for 1st line Service Desk.
- First-line and Second-line software and hardware support (PC’s, laptops, peripherals, printers)
- Maintain high level of communication with the users throughout the business by open communication
- Build, configure and troubleshoot desktop and laptop systems to corporate specifications
- Respond to incident requests, internal works orders and other queries assigned via the Service Management tool
- Resolve daily issues that impact the sites, teams and users
- Install, configure and maintain network printers
- Installing and supporting remote access connections
- Installation of encryption software and carrying out the challenge / response process as required
- Adding users to Active Directory software groups
- Patching of network outlets at desks.
- Alignment to processes for collection, assetting, cleansing and disposal of redundant hardware assets
- Conform to all secure media handling processes and policies
- Close liaison with other internal resolver groups to ensure service delivery meets customer requirements
- Knowledge of Wireless Networks, Client End Support.
Essential skills & experience
Desktop experience at a second-line level in a complex IT support environment.
Windows 7,10 and Microsoft applications
Office 2010/2013, SharePoint 2010/2013, Outlook 2010/2013.
Understanding of Thin Client environments.
Knowledge of Citrix and VMWare.
Good understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, systems management and monitoring tools.
Experience in a customer focused environment.
Excellent communication skills at all levels.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria has been a key provider of specialist systems and services to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) for over 30 years. Independence, broad capability and knowledgeable people with a reputation for operational and commercial flexibility have secured our position as one of the MOD’s top ten ICT suppliers
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.
- 2nd Line
- DV Cleared
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"