My client, a very successful and growing Technology Plc are looking for an additional Infrastructure Engineer help to provide my client with an efficient, secure and stable infrastructure platform. The role will involve providing timely design, implementation and support services for global infrastructure projects/systems to meet business objectives.
In summary, the role will be to provide:
- To ensure projects are completed in accordance with business requirements within the timescales and budgets specified and agreed.
- Basic project management fundamentals as a requirement, being able to undertake projects following the adopted project methodology, including planning, documentation, escalation, issue/risk tracking and change control, logging project time via the adopted project system.
Incident Management and Operational Excellence
- Ensure that all incidents are managed following the Incident Management procedures and incidents are reported and recorded in the appropriate systems (ITIL best practices).
- Being able to provide problem management support as an effective 3rd line engineer from frequently occurring incidents and provide RCA’s for major incidents.
- Provide reactive support to critical global systems outside standard UK business hours in response to major escalations.
- Ensure that all major changes to systems and infrastructure follow the change control procedure including risk management, notification and rollback plans.
- Ensure key metrics for systems are produced, monitored and analysed to build operational intelligence.
To be successful you should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills across the following technologies (listed in priority):
Virtualisation, Storage and Backup: Standard/blade/hyper-converged server hardware, VMware vSphere/Hyper-V, software defined datacentre technologies and fundamentals.
Server Technologies: Window Server Platforms 2008-2016, Active Directory Infrastructure.
Cloud based technologies: Foundational understanding of Cloud based deployments and architecture (Azure or AWS etc.), IaaS primarily (Understanding PaaS and other specific offerings would beneficial).
Networking: LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, Cisco Routing and Switching.
Office365: Deployment and Administration knowledge would be beneficial
In return, my client offers an excellent salary and package to include an excellent pension scheme, profit related bonus (not guaranteed) health insurance, death in service etc
- Windows Server
- 3rd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job