Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst / Network Engineer to £45k + bens
Networking, Switches, Routers, DNS, DHCP, QoS, WAN, Firewalls, VMWare, AD, Exchange, Windows Server, SAN
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst/ :
Do you have an background in supporting business or technical applications? Do you have a broad technical skillset but looking to be re-trained in new technologies and looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong background in Networking ( network routing, switching, Firewalls), VMWare and some experience of SAN technologies?
Are you passionate about technology, with a strong customer service ethos, wanting to work with emerging technologies including Cloud?
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - About the company
Do you want to be part of a successful organisation, who are a global leader and provide products to the construction industry in the UK and Worldwide, have a new role within their team for an Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst a strong Networking background). They are committed to providing products of the future ( for today) and are focused on innovation but committed to efficiency, sustainability and safety.
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - About the role:
The Infrastructure Engineer/ Analyst role will be office based in their Holywell office, working as part of a small team, provide effective solutions to escalated technical issues, and provide a high level of technical expertise to the business. You will provide new technical solutions ( both strategic and tactical) ensuring effective working across the full range of services provided by the business, and liaise with 3rd party suppliers and external contractors
The role will involve working with technologies such as Network Routing, Switching, Firewalls, QoS, DNS, DHCP,LAN, WAN, Virtualisation (VMWare), SAN, Cloud, Windows Server, AD, Exchange, Office365
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - Key Responsibilities:
- Support of multi-site technical environments including LAN, WAN, Microsoft, VMWare, Network Security and administer SANs
- Take ownership of escalated issues as 3rd line support and resolving any queries within SLA
- Resolution of configuration and deployment issues, ensuring management of core IT Infrastructure operations thru system monitoring and maintenance
- Ensure that the network and all systems are operational and appropriate BCP/DR protocols are regularly tested
- Ensure that 3rd party applications are installed and run efficiently across all platforms
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with colleagues, other departmental members and suppliers, consultancy partners and third parties
- Handling hardware issues and networking - TCP/ IP, DNS, DHCP, switches and routers
- Any other related duties as required by the business, including analysis and advising on best practice.
- Some support and configuration of firewalls, Web and mobile applications, work with Office365
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - Essential Technical Skills:
Candidates must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- LAN / WAN, AD, DNS + DHCP, QoS, VPNs
- Network Security Technologies ( Proxy/ Content Filtering / IPS/ IDS)
- VMWare - good level of understanding
- SAN - any versions
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Protocol Analysis
- Networking -TCP/ IP, Switches, routers, Wireless Networks
- Hardware support and configuration
Infrastructure Engineer/ Analyst - Benefits (Negotiable)
- Basic salary of up to £45k on offer
- Bonus Scheme
Candidates will have a strong customer service ethos and passion for resolving queries to a high stand within SLA’s. Candidates will have a broad technical skillset and be keen to look at learning new technologies including working with Azure/AWS. The Infrastructure Engineer role offers the change to work with a broad set of technologies besides Networking, Routing & Switches, and some training will be given in other areas.
If you are keen to join progressive company, gain exposure to a diverse array of technologies, and gain some internal training and development please apply. You will be given the opportunity to learn and progress within the organisation. and make an impact with their technical environment.
Langland Consultants acts as an Employment Agency /Business with regards to this vacancy. As an Equal Opportunities employer, Langland Consultants welcomes applications regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or age. All applicants are considered on the basis of their merits and abilities for the job.
By applying to a job advertised by Langland Consultants or providing your contact information to show interest in a job advertised by Langland Consultants, you consent to the disclosure of your information to us in order to assist our legitimate business needs. This includes agreeing to us in storing your information and allowing us to contact you in regard to suitable job opportunities in the future.
You are within your rights to ask us to remove your information at any time.
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'