Everyone knows technology is the fastest changing industry in the world. We’re shaping our IT landscape by transforming how we deliver our IT change projects, and we need you to join us. You’ll build collaborative relationships in a team that brings together extremely talented individuals who have enjoyed long careers at Deloitte and many new people like you. Join them at this exciting time and you will be enjoying the kind of professional development where you can explore your potential.
As an Infrastructure Implementation Manager within the internal IT department at Deloitte, no two projects will be the same. You will be persistent, analytical and flexible in your approach to delivering high-quality IT projects to Deloitte Partners and staff.
You will be entrusted to implement IT solutions, knowing that your manager will provide guidance and reassurance through regular catch-ups and support.Location
The team is located in a number of geographic locations e.g. London, Milton Keynes however the preference for this role would be Milton Keynes or one of Deloitte’s other regional offices.Hours
This is a full-time role and we are always open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements that are flexible for our people and provide the best service to our clients.Responsibilities
Working for a project manager the Infrastructure Implementation Managers (IIMs) works within a project team leading the technical delivery of the IT infrastructure of a project. IIMs have a key role interfacing between the project and IT Operations function. IIMs are typically responsible for delivering between 1 and 4 projects concurrently.
IIMs report to the appropriate Project Manager for operational delivery related matters and will be managed by the Infrastructure Implementation and Transition team lead.
The Infrastructure Implementation Manager will have responsibility for:
- Working with Project Managers, Deloitte Business Security, Solution Architects, internal and 3rd party teams to deliver IT and infrastructure projects by:
- Implementing the detailed design created by the Solution Architect ensuring the solutions meet the business objectives of the project whilst conforming to Deloitte standards and industry best practice
- Managing the creation of comprehensive and high quality documentation
- Supporting the Transition Readiness and Service Transition teams to ensure the acceptance of the solution into the live environment by the owning operational team
- Supporting where appropriate the Project Manager create the business case
- Supporting Project Managers in identifying and managing risks and issues
- Support Project Managers in the creation and updating of the project plan
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong knowledge of Windows architecture, deployment considerations and structured infrastructure methodologies.
- Good understanding of core network technologies
- Implementing solutions based on low level designs
- Experience of documenting and handing over solutions to operational teams.
- Experience of working with Prince 2 project and ITIL methodologies.
- Managing 3rd party and internal resources to deliver projects.
- Experience of communicating complex solutions to non technical project stakeholders.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Proven understanding of change management processes in a fully change managed environment (ITIL).
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience of working to aggressive and changing deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working independently and as part of a team.
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
In an increasingly disruptive digital age, considering how our IT projects benefit and impact our people in Deloitte is more important than ever. Your ability to collaborate with your team to plan and execute projects to deliver an excellent experience for our people, will enable our practitioners to continue to provide the superior service to our clients’ that Deloitte is known for. This in turn will give you real impact on the broader community within Deloitte. You will also enjoy sharing ideas and continuously developing your career together with your colleagues.What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 147730