As a result of recent growth plans and new framework presence, we are seeking an Infrastructure Business Development Manager (BDM) to join the fast-growing Software licensing team. Your role will ultimately cover both verticals within the Academia Group, Education and B2B, although initially the focus will be to maintain and grow Education sales particularly in Higher Education. The role would have a shared responsibility with the divisional head to drive revenue, profitability and achieve set KPIs, executing on top line strategies pre-set by the Divisional head and Sales Director.
You will be responsible for:
The Infrastructure BDM will ultimately be a product expert and have a strong understanding of key vendors and markets being competent in pitching these solutions and related services. Through continued training, stay up to date with technology and market developments to proactively drive internal and external communications. The Infrastructure BDM is a key figure in developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of key software Vendors and their related supply chain. They will identify methods to improve margins through attaching related solutions/services and improving accreditations, build go to market campaigns, support the wider Account Management team and directly engaging with Customers in order to grow business and increase profitability.
- Managing key vendor and supplier relationships such as VMWare
- Ensuring we have the necessary accreditations and certifications to maximise the portfolio
- Collaboratively creating and delivering marketing campaigns
- Supporting account managers through training and licensing support
- Engaging customers directly and with account managers on calls and meetings
- Stay up to date with technological developments to identify innovation and opportunity
- Work collaboratively with Cyber Security BDM and Technical services division on sales and marketing
- Achieve/exceed quarterly sales targets
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of previous experience working within IT Vendors such as VMware and Citrix and an in depth understanding of IT infrastructure. You will have a strong understanding of software licensing models and the use of Technology within an Education and/or Enterprise environment. A proven track record of success in selling enterprise software licensing, securing new business and building sustainable relationships with Vendors and clients.
- 3 years+ experience of supplying VMW are and/or similar solutions
- Product knowledge of the VMWare solutions,ideally Desktop and Application Virtualisation, Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Cloud Management
- Ability to interpret customer challenges into solutions
- Experience successfully engaging Director and C level infrastructure personnel
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, confident and goal-oriented.
- Able to effectively communicate and work in team environments
- Ability to present to customers and internal stake holders
- Detail orientated and organised
- Ability to support and respond to tenders
- Have an ability to work independently, autonomously and take initiative.
- Can multi-task, pro-actively managing various issues.
- Possess superb time management skills.
- Can demonstrate drive and ambition
- Innovate to identify new opportunities and drive positive change
- Experience with Vendors such as Citrix, Red Hat, Rubrik are not essential but preferred
Academia Group is a fast growing, highly accredited, award winning group of technology companies with a strong footprint in the educational space. We specialise in supplying software, IT hardware, training and managed service solutions to both public and private sectors.
Established in 2003, we employ 100 dedicated professionals across multiple locations throughout the UK with a group annual turnover of over £70m. Our growing customer base means we have now worked with every single university in the UK. Furthermore, as Ranked #1 supplier on many national frameworks, we are growing our provision more so to strengthen our position. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.
- Gym membership contribution
- Health cash plan
- Borrow my doggie
- Free will writing service
- Increased annual leave with length of service
- Life Insurance
- IT Sales
- New Opportunities
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'