Location - Milton Keynes
Reports to - Head of Infrastructure
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that the project level architecture is documented and implemented, design meets the project objectives and technical requirements
- Ensure that they own the high-level design and signs-off low level design.
- Provide input into the project planning stage for the component cost estimates as defined by the new architecture
- Review component level change requirements, proposals and design to ensure their compliance to architectural principles and standards
- Create strategic architectures including target blueprints, options, roadmaps, business cases and impacts
- Work with the Business Analyst to understand the business requirements so that solution options that are recommended provide the best fit against the requirements
- Use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to develop the high-level solution architecture for programmes and projects
- Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products
- Implement the Architecture Standards & Principles in relation to solutions deployed
- Ensure that the component architecture meets the non-functional requirements such as reliability, scalability, performance and resilience. This includes being accountable for the end-to-end integrated solution
- Work at project level and accept work packages identified and scoped
- Willing to work with enterprise architects and external stakeholders such as technical architects
- Assist with transition planning as part of Architecture Life cycle.
- Awareness of current architectural trends and developments within the market, particularly patterns and technologies
- Provide governance and technical leadership to ensure the projects and systems/services are aligned with the design goals.
Solution Quality Assurance & Testing
- Ensure that all documentation to support the various phases and level definitions is provided and show all auditable reviews
- Analyse the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Provide High and Low level technical and architectural documentation, this includes: design and definition documents, infrastructure documents (sizing, reference architectures, growth estimates, throughput etc.), live migration documents
Communication & Relationships
- Provide advice on technical aspects of infrastructure development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly
- Principle point of escalation for infrastructure architecture matters within assigned business areas
- Engage with assigned business area teams to understand the business and commercial landscape within which the solution will be used
- Communicate proposed architecture within projects and gain project approval from Design Review Committee
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of virtualisation using the VMware stack
- Strong understanding of networking principles, including WAN connectivity, HSRP/Clustering, VLANs, routing
- Strong experience of designing infrastructure solutions using enterprise components including but not limited to: Storage, Server, Switches, Firewalls
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise applications such as: AD, SQL, O365
- Experience of supporting and enhancing existing infrastructure solutions
- Proven ability to produce high quality technical design documentation.
- Ability to prioritise and plan the delivery of key milestones on multiple project streams
- Excellent communication skills, present a strong customer service awareness and be able to liaise with both internal and external service functions. You will need to be a self-starter with ability to work on your own initiative with proven customer service skills and a passion for delivering to high standards with the ability to write accurate reports and business cases.
- Customer facing – part of the role will be working with Customers to gather requirements – whether this is with internal stakeholders and customers, or with the businesses customers as part of a due diligence or implementation process
- Some European travel
Experience/Skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Previous experience working in a similar capacity.
- Experience of developing high quality solutions which meet agreed technical and functional specifications.
- Infrastructure as code
- Infrastructure monitoring using the ELK stack
- Experience of working effectively with non-technical stakeholders to deliver effective business solutions.
- Experience of Azure/AWS including cloud migration strategies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'