Location: Manchester or Stoke on Trent with regular travel between the two sites.
Salary: Up to £55,000 (dependent upon experience)
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
Our three exciting brands Well Pharmacy, Well Careplus and Bestway MedHub are changing the face of pharmacy. We’re hiring an Infrastructure Architect within our Well Pharmacy IT & Transformation team.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Senior Solutions Architect you’ll work within the IT team at Well to develop and lead the IT roadmaps that will support our transformation journey. We are a relatively new business and have some ambitious plans which will be supported by an IT Infrastructure Architect who will provide the essential technical leadership to maintain our current estate and support our transformation journey.
This role will suit someone with strong workable knowledge of Microsoft technologies as our stores and central systems are primarily Wintel based and virtualised in the centre. We also have critical applications on other technologies, therefore, you’ll utilise your knowledge of other operating systems and hardware. Experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS is also needed as you’ll support the use of cloud based services.
You’ll be joining a strong team of network and infrastructure specialists and this role will work closely with the team to provide the technical leadership to develop and lead the infrastructure roadmaps for the next 2-3 years as well as being involved in replacing significant amounts of end of life hardware.
- Design and assist building technical and digital solutions which align with the overall enterprise architecture and ensuring smooth transition of IT solutions into operational IT services
- Lead the development of infrastructure road maps to support the evolution of the technical and digital portfolios from current to future state
- Responsible for supporting the research, analysis, design, proposal, documentation and delivery of solutions in a wide range of technology and digital projects to support the priorities of the business.
- Builds strategic capabilities within the department enabling transformation and embedding quality in all systems and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the technical teams and work with the wider IT team to ensure unity we are working together as an effective single Technical Solutions Team and overall IT Organisation.
- Work closely with the technical IT teams to develop road maps, create and manage standards and support in the evolution of the technical and digital portfolios from current to future state
- Provide technical infrastructure/architecture and leadership across the Well IT landscape.
- Complete analysis of infrastructure and capacity planning for future projects/growth.
- Own the relationships with various technical teams and third-party vendors
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills with good stakeholder engagement
- Professional Qualifications in relevant IT infrastructure technologies
- Strong technical knowledge including Microsoft Technologies, Data Centre and Cloud, Enterprise networking, WAN/LAN/WLAN, Routing, Firewall, IDS/IPS, WAN optimisation, Proxy, VPN services, Load Balancing, IT Security.
- SDLC /ITIL3 proficient.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in designing and delivery cloud hosted secure platforms through preferred vendor selection
- Leadership, stakeholder management and line management.
- Experience of Programme Delivery
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
Closing date: 25th March 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.
- Network Infrastructure