6 month fixed-term salaried contract, £60,000 per annum
Are you an Infrastructure Architect with an excellent understanding of virtualised infrastructure? Or are you an experienced Technical Architect looking to make a step up and review and overhaul a current infrastructure suite? Code Red Associates (CRA) is a leading supplier of Permanent & Contract ICT resource to a variety of Blue Chip, SME & growing organisations throughout the UK. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Architect with experience of virtualised server infrastructure (VMware) & desktop infrastructure for an organisation undertaking an exciting period of change.
The main purpose of the role will be to review the current IT infrastructure in place and recommend changes to ensure that future infrastructure selections are cost-effective, and the best long-term selection for the business. This will give you the opportunity to guide the infrastructure design to support the business over the course of the next five years. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the development of business cases, developing total cost ownership and return on investment models, managing third party suppliers and hosting partners, chairing the change management board to monitor changes to platform systems, liaise with the development team to maximise system performance, and associated documentation amongst other responsibilities.
* A successful track record as a commercial Infrastructure/Technical Architect working with virtualised server infrastructure
* A deep experience of VMware (Horizon) & Hyper-V
* Excellent Windows Server 2008 / 2012 knowledge
* Knowledge of Cisco/Dell switches, WAN Links and EqualLogic SAN
* Proven experience reviewing medium sized corporate infrastructure
* Excellent leadership & communication skills - proven accomplishment of managing third party suppliers, and internal & external stakeholders
* Demonstrable experience of producing effective documentation of complex design and architecture
Desirable - Will help your application stand out
* Recognised experience in Infrastructure Architecture capacity
* Project Management certifications
If you are looking for your next career move and wish to join an innovative and customer focussed organisation that are making waves in their marketplace, then this could be the right move for you - please apply without delay. Applicants applying for this role must have IMMEDIATE availability!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job