Prestigious opportunity for an Infrastructure Analyst with a Global Commercial Law firm. The Infrastructure Team are a dynamic team of IT Professionals based across Liverpool and Manchester offices. The team are responsible for the delivery of technical projects, management and BAU upkeep of the companies infrastructure, applications. Currently working with some of the latest technologies in the market, including a new Software Defined WAN, Software Defined Datacentre and migration of core applications to SAAS and IAAS platforms where suitable. You can guarantee no two days will be the same and the workload is varied.
Your new role
As well as being a member of our Infrastructure team, you will also closely align with our project management office and service desk and be given the opportunity to:-
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager to develop and maintain the Operational Infrastructure / IT Systems across their UK and International Offices.
- Act as a point of escalation to Service Desk Analysts and support them in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Support the IT departmental policies for the organisation which includes all service delivery matters, technological matters, hardware and software procurement & IT services sourcing.
- Work in a collaborative way with all IT teams to support the implementation of the IT vision and strategy.
- Create and maintain systems configuration documentation, including creating and maintaining test plans and recovery methods of all systems.
- Keep up-to-date on infrastructure and security trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Infrastructure Analyst will possess a combination of some of the following skills:-
- VMware management and maintenance.
- Microsoft Server technologies and associated services, including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Networking knowledge, from a troubleshooting and routing perspective.
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies.
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sites / Services and native replication technologies.
- A strong understanding of applications and how we can make our applications highly available for BC / DR purposes.
- A strong level of knowledge in different applications and server back end configuration.
- Monitoring technologies including tools such as Solarwinds as well as SNMP and MIB sets to configure and fine tune service monitoring to correctly alert and give statistics on availability and performance.
- A good understanding of telephony and phone systems.
- An understanding / reference in the use of change management / problem management.
The following would be advantageous but not essential:-
- Office 365 - Exchange online / Skype Online / Teams
- Microsoft Single Sign on (Native Azure / SAML) and Multi-Factor Authentication
- VMWare VSAN
- Datacentre Technologies
- An interest in Cyber / Information security
- Microsoft Intune MDM
- iManage10 / Cloud / Share
- Remote Desktop Services
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with an extensive benefits package including the following:-
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday privilege day
- Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
- Charity volunteering days
- Smart working
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, special leave
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Dress for your day
- Training opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'