Hourly Rate: Completely Negotiable (in line with market rates).
Contract Duration: 6 Months initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter.
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Infosec Engineer Job Description:
* Support to Information Security Risk Analysis and Risk Treatment for weapon systems developed and delivered by the client, responsible for the promotion and realization of the Infosec strategy on given projects.
* Involvement in entire systems engineering lifecycle of delivered weapon systems including specification of security requirements, development of security architectures, reviewing design and implementation, specification of verification requirements and review of verification outputs.
* Development of Risk Management and Accreditation Documents for delivered weapon systems in accordance with UK MOD requirements.
* Application and interpretation of HMG and MOD Infosec Policy.
* Support to client use of HMG security evaluation schemes such as IT Health Check, CAPS.
* Contribution to and conduct of trade studies related to security.
* Assist in the integration of Infosec activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the security case.
* Liaison with customers, accreditors and technical authorities.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering, electronics principles and software technology and development principles as applicable to weapon system development projects.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the application of HMG and MOD Infosec Policy and Guidance.
* Exposure to generation of Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
* Experience of product / systems development environment.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt message content depending on audience or stakeholder set
* Ability to discern the key technical, commercial, and programme influences from available noisy information
* Systems thinker and systems engineering experience.
* Experienced with RMADS Experience of system design/engineering. Experience with CAPS Experience of IS1/IS2
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Systems Engineer
- South West
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job