To provide technical expertise and system administration for the property and asset register and database.
To deliver effective systems to robustly manage and monitor compliance to statutory legislation, primarily relating to fire safety in order to ensure that the Council’s buildings, land and other assets are subject to inspection, testing, maintenance and control as necessary to comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing the property information system, project managing, improving and maintaining the property information/data management system and GIS system (GGP) in relation to the Council’s Property Portfolio, which supports the business and information needs of the Property Services Division.
• To undertake project work to implement and improve data management, developing necessary links with other corporate systems where necessary.
• To provide property information extracted from the system, sometimes by writing complex Crystal Reports.
• Ensuring systems are correctly structured to maximise effectiveness and being proactive, using initiative in identifying and suggesting system changes that will improve efficiency and increase value for money of the service. This includes the re-design of existing processes and procedures as necessary and continuous development to ensure that system is easy for users to understand and able use to its full potential.
• Maintain user records, permissions and DMS folders.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date records of core property data on P2.net ensuring the integrity and security of the data.
• Development of data exchange mechanisms and interfaces.
• Providing system documentation and end user training.
• Prepare compliance audit data by compiling and analysing internal and external information where necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Substantial knowledge of one or more software tools for report writing (e.g. Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services).
• Knowledge of property related services would be a benefit
• Substantial theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of the specialist area of expertise and sound knowledge of legislation that can effect, or influence, directly or indirectly, the service function,
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify issues/requirements and to generate creative and effective solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex technical matters in understandable terms to specialists and non-specialists.
• Ability to plan and organise several small to medium scale projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and delivering to agreed quality standards.
• Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to extract / transform data from complex database resources.
• Conceptual understanding of database design and practice.
• Substantial experience of developing and maintaining systems for holding, accessing, analysing and reporting performance information.
• Considerable experience of the analysis, design, testing and implementation of medium scale data management systems including the management of compliance data.
• Experience of training people to use new systems and processes and supporting system users.
If you have the necessary skill set, please do not hesitate to apply online today, or send your CV directly to Francesca.email@example.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'