Information Support Administrator
We are currently seeking to recruit an Information Support Administrator based at our Britannia Royal Naval College Dartmouth site. The post provides a general Registry and Information Management (IM) administration service, ensuring that the needs of the military base Registry and the customer are met and tasks are conducted in accordance with current MoD regulations, the post also provides critical single point of failure coverage for the Personal Assistant roles, the Chaplaincy Administrator, the Reprographics Operative and the Mail Office operative.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general information support administration and assistance
- Maintain electronic documentary management within the organisation system
- Process incoming and outgoing official documentation, both soft and hard copy
- Advise on IM methods/practice, where required
- Assist and guide customers with their User Account
- Maintain Registry-based office services, including signal distribution, scanning, facsimile, photocopying and stationery
- Disseminate key information on behalf of owners
- Actively promote a safe working culture and adhere to the Health and Safety procedures, processes and the law
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as determined by the Interserve Line Manager, including support and cover for other administrative staff as required
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous administration experience (essential)
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop close working relationships
- Good all round standard of education, especially literacy and numeracy
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good Word Processing proficiency level (desirable to have the ability to undertake Audio typing)
- Knowledge/understanding of MOD administration and IM processes and the MODNET system (Desirable but full training can be provided)
- SC security clearance will be required for this post (in order to commence this process; Proof of British Citizenship is essential) and whilst able to be processed after starting the successful obtaining of this clearance is mandatory for on-going employment
- Requirement to work 37.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri) during core hours and flexibly when required
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake additional training when required
- Required to wear approved company work wear
- This post is peripatetic and is required to be highly flexible and on occasions multi-task; covering single points of failure whenever they arise (PA roles, Chaplaincy Administration, Mail Office and Reprographics outputs)
- Personable and professional with good judgement and ability to communicate effectively.
- Pro-active and responsive to changing needs of the business and the demands of the customer, while remaining calm under pressure and self-motivated.
- Reliable, discreet, versatile and innovative where necessary.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'