You will be tasked with supporting, maintaining and developing their current IT environment and safeguarding all IT assets by identifying and resolving security issues.
Salary is negotiable.
Below is a summary of duties for this position.
Operational daily duties
• Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
• Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
• Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
• Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies
• Ensuring business continuity
• Communicating with key stakeholders such as the IT manager and QA department about IT security threats and taking actions to mitigate problems.
• Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents
• Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches
• Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
• Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
• Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
Operational weekly/monthly duties
• Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement and implement them.
• Running security audits and risk assessments taking appropriate action to resolve any negative findings.
• Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
• Ensuring compliance and governance is met.
• Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered.
• Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times.
• Implementing IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks.
• Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information.
• Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
• Reporting to the IT Manager and managing all expectations
• Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
• Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management
• A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience (Desired)
• One to three years of industry experience in an information security function. (Desired)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). (Desired)
• CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). (Desired)
• ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP). (Desired)
• Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices.
• 5 years of experience in information technology or security. (Desired)
• Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
• Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver.
• Minimum Certification of Associate’s degree in Computers, Technology or related field. (Desired)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job