Role: Information Security Consultant – contract/interim
Duration: 6 months
Rate: highly competitive
Information Security Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Consultant within our IS Team based in Dunstable.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the security of information and systems across a business or technical portfolio, you’ll also be supporting the business in understanding and implementing effective Information Security controls and effective risk and compliance management within business risk appetite.
We are a FTSE100 organisation, the UK's leading hospitality company, including brands such as Premier Inn, Costa Coffee and Beefeater.
What you will be doing:
The role supports the Information Security and Information Systems communities, managing Information Security within UK & Ireland, requiring close relationships to be built with business stakeholders and external 3rd Party service providers or vendors.
- Reviewing projects to ensure that Information Security policies and controls are applied, new risks are addressed and security architecture is appropriate.
- Ensuring that appropriate testing is undertaken to validate the effectiveness of Information security controls.
- Managing delivery of Security Improvement Projects so that expected outcomes are delivered.
- Contributing to the effective management of and resolution of Information Security incidents or data breaches
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is an Information Security subject matter expert.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and project management techniques, applying Information Security principals as appropriate.
- Experience of working within an ISMS or PCI or ISO27001 control environment or similar
- Understands business strategy, processes and priorities and is aware of Information Security implications.
- Demonstrable experience in project Information Security management, and business continuity/disaster planning.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Achieved CISM, CISSP, CISA, ITIL or ISO certificate.
- Awareness of strengths and weaknesses of ISO 270001 and PCI controls and processes.
- Experience within a large retail organisation including e-commerce and m-commerce ideally with international experience.
- Prince 2 practitioner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job