Position - Information Security Analyst
Location - Barnwood
Period - 6 months
My client, a leading energy provider, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Security Analyst to join their busy team. As the Information Security Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the corporate technical and Operations/Perimeter Security environments at an advanced level in order to provide a quality service to all the customers of IT. As the Information Security Analyst you will be the recognised point of contact for day to day support in the Operations Security Team and will attain an in-depth understanding of the business needs and Company objectives.
Accountabilities: Information Security Analyst
- Supporting a rapidly evolving energy supply market, both in industry and in the home;
- Supporting the need to move beyond supply, to provide innovative energy services and products;
- Supporting our generation and new build business units;
- Meeting our cost targets set by the Executive;
- Digitalising the workplace to support ever more efficient ways of working.
- In order to meet the challenges presented by a complex environment, the IT team needs to work with the right culture and in an effective way.
- Within this context, the Information Security Analyst will help the IT team to meet our customers' needs by running the specialist technologies solutions required to enable the business.
- Support future enhancements to the services and products provided by the Operations Security team.
- Provide first line Operations Security support services on technologies including firewalls, Internet proxies, and security log and event management systems;
- Be responsible for the prioritisation and clearance or escalation of Operations Security incidents reported through the helpdesk reporting system, or escalation process;
- Perform Operations Security system and infrastructure inspections on a regular basis;
- The Operations Security Analyst may from time to time be asked to assist in the delivery of projects, both internal to the team and wider Community;
- Liaise with internal and external service providers and third parties;
- Provide Operations Security infrastructure performance and service summary reporting to the Operations Security Manager;
- Use knowledge gained to identify opportunities to improve customer support;
Skills and Experience: Information Security Analyst
Knowledge and Skills;
- A good knowledge of Operations/Perimeter Security environments;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices;
- Industry knowledge of security best practices;
Qualifications and Experience;
- Proven experience in supporting Operations/Perimeter Security environments;
- Experience of working with IT security compliance, risk and governance practices;
- Experience of representing the company in meetings, forums with external stakeholders
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
I can be contacted on or where we can talk further or simply apply via the website.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- information security analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"