Information Security Analyst
Our client is the largest private pension scheme in the UK and in the top 50 globally, with assets of approximately £60 billion (as at March 2017). As the principal pension scheme for universities and other higher education institutions in the UK, it now has more than 390,000 members across more than 350 employers responsible for the management and administration of the pension scheme and its investments.
The successful candidate will operate as an effective member of the information security team and assist with the team's responsibilities of data protection and information security
- Work as part of the Information Security Team to design and implement the necessary controls to ensure best practice is established and adhered to across the company in relation to information security standards and principles where appropriate.
- Actively participate in the delivery of the Information Security Forum (ISF).
- Support effective management of the Information Security Incident Management process which promotes the identification, reporting, and handling of information security related incidents.
- Assist with conducting assessments and aligning the business to regulatory requirements, including data protection.
- Assist with the identification and recording of information assets, contributing to the effective management of the Records Retention policy across the Company.
- Help promote Data Protection and Information Security awareness throughout the company by providing training and creating online learning modules.
- Assist with conducting assessments and writing reports on the organisation's compliance with Data Protection Act, ISO 27001:2013, and other data/security related provisions.
- Good understanding of the principles of the UK Data Protection Act (DPA 1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Experience assisting with an organisation's ISO27001 certificate
- Experience of conducting risk assessments in information security or other discipline.
- Related foundation or intermediate qualifications in information security, data protection or risk management is desirable e.g. CISMP
- Being able to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills with management, team, peers and customers.
Apply online for further information