Working within a newly formed IT team in our Birmingham office, which is conveniently located and just a stone's throw from public transport, we are seeking a well-rounded, experienced, meticulous, technically minded and passionate individual to join the Security Operation Centre (SOC) / Computer Security Incident Response Team with hands-on experience working within a SOC environment, eager to develop their career and work on several highly important projects.
As the Information Security Analyst, you'll help the SOC in daily operations, working with sophisticated information security tools, investigating security incidents and ensuring that policies/procedures are observed to maintain and improve the security posture of our organisation.
Specifically, you will
- Act upon security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems such as remedy and assure.
- Ensure that threats, vulnerabilities and breaches are managed to minimise impact to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data.
- Attend risk assessments to determine and record mitigating actions to identified risks.
- Use SIEM and service reporting tools to monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify irregular activity and behaviours.
- Refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
- Use security tools and develop simple scripts to assist with the ongoing analysis of a security event or incident.
- Perform quarterly network and wireless vulnerability assessments, create service requests with support teams to address weaknesses found and monitor and report on progress.
As subject matter expert for operational security, you'll provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge through publications, events and training. You will also have:
- Certifications - Security+, Offensive Security or similar
- Strong IT skills in Windows, Unix/Linux or Networking
- Good understanding of IT security principles
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools like Nessus, Saint and other closed-source and open source Kali-Based tools
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like AlienVault, Splunk
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques
- Ability to identify and define risk mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks (e.g. ISO, NIST, COBIT, PCI) SOC Analyst, AV, IDS, SIEM, FIM, IAM, DLP, Python, Power shell, SQL, penetration testing, ISO, NIST, COBIT, PCI, GDPR)
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
- Event Management
- IT Security
- Security Information
- penetration testing
- open source
- closed source
- risk mitigation strategies