The role, largely based at Client sites (~90%) will involve providing key technical advice to clients within the Business Intelligence & Analytics domain. It is essential that the candidate is capable of delivering high quality work for clients, demonstrate an understanding of both the client’s business and relevant professional standards. The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain respectful client relationships at a wide variety of levels.
Many of the tasks and assignments will involve working with teams that are drawn from a diverse cross section of the PwC Consultancy practice including other team members from the Information Management area. It is crucial that the candidate is able to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively. The building of internal and external relationships and networks will be highly important as will the ability to consider the needs of others when proposing effective solutions.
Essential skills and experience
Essential Candidate Traits:
• Creative thinking
• Intellectually agile
• Demonstrated client management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong technical abilities combined with business acumen
• Track record of working as part of a team
• Ability to stay current with business and industry trends
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to adapt quickly to diverse environments/challenges
• Basic understanding of BI Architecture
• Proficient in at least one BI vendor
• Education to degree level or equivalent
You should have good delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors:
• MS BI
• Analytics (SAS, SPSS)
• Plus Advanced MS Excel/Access skills.
• Programming experience (SQL, VBA, VB.net) or similar
• Cloud Computing
Who we’re looking for
The PwC Consulting Practice (Technology Competency) is looking to recruit individuals with a proven track record in Information Management, specifically Business Intelligence & Analytics at the Senior Associate level (2-5 years relevant experience).
The Information Management team advises and assists clients across all market sectors in both Business Intelligence (Inc. BI & Information Strategy, Enterprise BI and Analytics Solutions and BI Organisation Design); and Enterprise Data Management (Inc. Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Modelling, Data Warehousing and Data Governance)
We are particularly focused on:
• The strategies, methods and tools used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver information related to an organisation’s performance.
• The architecture of both structured and unstructured information. The definition and implementation of governance strategies to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information.
• Enabling insight through a range of corporate data sources through the application of analytics, data mining, Enterprise Performance Management/Dashboards and real-time decision making techniques and applications.
A successful candidate must understand a client's business and be able to work as part of a team to understand their issues and requirements. Assignments will vary and will require involvement both in a technical and non-technical capacity to deliver within various phases of a project and act as a "trusted advisor" to clients. Strong relationships will need to be built with the client's business and IT specialists.
• Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
• Amount of time client based (90%)
• Amount of time PwC office based (10%)
• Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job