As part of the Business Services Centre (BSC), this position will see you working with teams in the BSC to ensure the development and implementation of information governance policies, procedures and processes to bring our client in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements by May 2018.
The aim is to set up the appropriate framework which enables compliance to be built into 'business as usual' thereafter.
- Develop integrated information governance tools and policies to meet the GDPR requirements
- Review existing BSC processes that collect personal data to ensure the legislative grounds for processing are still applicable under GDPR.
- Review and update existing consent processes to ensure they meet the new Regulation requirements.
- Audit and update existing privacy notices in place across the Council, and develop tools and guidance to ensure new projects and services create robust notices from the outset.
- Liaise with colleagues in ICT, HR and Finance to assess the impact on existing IT systems
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to retention rules and best practice records management processes
- To raise awareness of the impact of the GDPR with colleagues within GCC and non-statutory partner organisations.
- Experience of working in local government
- Experience in information governance, records management, or compliance
- Experience of implementing the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- Advisory work at a senior level
- Experience of delivering customer services
- Experience of promoting services to colleagues
- Experience of developing and implementing policies, guidance and training
- Good general knowledge of information governance issues
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Data Protection Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act, 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and the Caldicott role
- Awareness of the new General Data Protection Regulation requirements
- Ability to interpret legislation
- Understanding and awareness of political sensitivities.
- A first degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate degree in records management or related field OR qualification in Data Protection, Freedom of Information or Information Rights
Please apply online for consideration.