Our client is at the vanguard of advancing cancer care in the UK and internationally, building a network of oncology centres around the UK.
They have partnered with leading providers to equip each centre with the very latest cancer technology, including IBA (Ion Beam Applications), the world’s leading provider of proton therapy solutions, Elekta, a leading provider of radiotherapy treatments, and Philips, a leader in health technology.
The company plans to open further centres over the next few years and its first centre in South Wales was the first in the UK to offer and treat with high energy proton beam therapy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Information Governance and Compliance Officer with experience of working within healthcare to join our cancer center in South Wales.
The purpose of the compliance and information governance officer role is to assist the roles of Head of Professional Standards (Data Protection Officer) and the Compliance Manager in ensuring the organisation complies with data protection law and good information governance practice. In addition, they will support on the wider compliance in relation to regulatory and quality frameworks, implementing policies, processes and systems in order to minimise risk and to achieve and maintain compliance to international standards and quality marks which include and are not limited to; ISO9001 and ISO27001.
This role will carry out data protection assessments on new projects and initiatives, co-ordinate the annual submission of data security and information governance submissions (NHS Digital Toolkit), co-ordinate and process 3rd party security assessments, support on the creation of data sharing agreements, contractual clauses, create and update information governance policies and procedures, support on the assessment of audit findings, staff training and awareness.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To support the Company Data Protection Officer in the development of the strategic approach to information governance and management of data.
- To support the completion of the annual IG Toolkit
- Provide support and oversight of the completion of all data subject requests
- Support on providing guidance and advice on complex data protection and information governance matters including Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Undertake detailed Data Protection Impact Assessments to identify and assess the impact of any confidentiality risks and provide recommendations regarding appropriate remedial activities, to support a Privacy by Design approach
- Maintain the information asset register
- Deliver IG training to internal customers
- Investigate data security incidents
- Contribute to the creation and review of data protection policies and procedures
- Support and develop internal and external briefings / communications
- Proactively collate data protection legislation / best practice updates
- Support the Compliance Manager in general compliance matters:
- Support on the preparation for registration with regulatory bodies
- Provide administrative support by implementing systems, procedures and policies as required
- Produce monthly compliance reports
Place of Work
The team are based at the Centre in South Wales and therefore the role will either be based there or regular attendance to this location will be required. In addition, you will be required to travel in the course of your duties to attend meetings and other appointments at other locations across the UK. Travel and reasonable expenses will be paid in line with the Company’s Expenses Policy.
Person Specification - Essential Requirements
Qualifications and Registration
- Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (or equivalent)
- Experience working in information governance and data protection
- A good understanding of GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to create and follow complex processes
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements in a healthcare environment
- Delivering to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of data protection requirements
Thorough working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint and Visio
- Administrative Support
- Regulatory Requirements
- Data Protection Act
- Information Governance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'