Reporting to the Information Governance Manager, working within a team of three, you will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on information governance across the organisation with a particular focus on the access rights established by information-related legislation.
This role provides an interesting and unique opportunity for the successful applicant to gain experience within a large complex organisation that will see you developing your stakeholder management and communication skills.
If this sounds like the role for you, please read on!
• Creating and maintaining the database of requests made under freedom of information and data protection legislation, logging accurate information to allow the Division to keep track of the progress of the requests, and relevant information and files.
• Managing all requests made under the Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Act from individuals both internal and external with appropriate supervision and support. This involves liaising with departments to locate the required information, analysing the information to check if any statutory exemptions apply, redacting the necessary data before disclosure, and replying on behalf of the organisation.
• Providing advice and guidance to divisions, faculties, schools and individuals on Data Protection and Freedom of Information issues. Providing guidance and advice to other professional staff and academic leaders on access to information. Also maintaining contact with key departmental representatives to pass on any information that needs to be disseminated across the organisation.
• Reviewing, implementing and, in consultation with the IGM and with legally qualified staff, drafting, developing and revising policies and guidance in response to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and any changes made to these Acts and associated guidance. Advising on day-to-day access to information, and planning and undertaking work in response to the implications of changes in information legislation.
• Planning and undertaking duties in response to incoming demands, including an increasingly high number of access requests. As required, undertaking roles involved in project work and broader objective in the Information Governance sphere.
• Designing and maintaining the Data Protection and Freedom of Information websites, ensuring that all the information published is accessible, accurate and well structured. As required, assisting with the organising and delivery of Data Protection and Freedom of Information training for staff, including presentations using PowerPoint.
The successful applicant will meet the majority of the following the criteria:
• Thorough understanding of the legislative framework that underpins access to information, specifically the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
• Experience of applying the requirements of information-related legislation in a complex organisation.
• Awareness and understanding of GDPR and its implications for public authorities.
• Experience of dealing with information access requests.
• Ability to prioritise, solve problems and make decisions on own initiative.
• Good analytical and time management skills and an eye for detail.
• Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365 tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneDrive.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• ISEB-level qualifications in Data Protection and Freedom of Information or post-graduate
qualification in information rights.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of a large organisation in order to achieve objectives.
If this sounds like the role for you please apply online ASAP or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted within the next 24 hours.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'