Are you a highly skilled delivery focused Information Governance Manager looking to work in Research Computing and Data Analytics? Do you have excellent data protection skills and experience that can be used to support researchers? Are you interested in running the Information Security Management System for one of our client’s key research platforms?
As Information Governance Manager you will have a unique opportunity to support some ambitious plans to drive forward data analytics and be part of a global movement to ensure the effective use of data to drive research, policy development and public good initiatives.
You will enable the safe and legal delivery of leading edge research using sensitive and confidential personal data.
As Information Governance Manager you will have experience in a broad range of information assurance areas, including data protection and related legislation and be responsible for promoting best practice in managing data. You will also have knowledge of information security and risk management and experience of implementing training and raising awareness of information governance and assurance. You will most likely be a certified ISO 27001 Auditor.
Big Data analytics is now recognised as a major driver of growth in research and in the economy at large. Our client has made a significant investment in client-server and high performance computer platforms with peta-scale memory, storage and an environment designed to meet stringent access and information governance requirements.
It is therefore essential that as Information Governance Manager you have significant experience of IG, Data Protection and working knowledge in Cyber Security.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of drafting, reviewing, maintaining and delivering policies procedures and information security, risk and regulatory compliance awareness training;
• Significant experience of undertaking risk assessment and management, identifying information risks and advising on mitigation of that risk;
• Knowledge of statistical disclosure control, pseudonymisation and anonymisation techniques and their practical application;
• Substantial knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. DPA, RIPA and FOI and IT related compliance matters and the ability to provide professional advice and guidance on these areas;
• Experience of investigating breaches of data protection or security, including making recommendation of appropriate control improvements;
• Experience of monitoring the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviewing information systems for actual or potential breaches in security;
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate technical information a diverse range of customers.
You may also have:
• Experience of implementing an ISO 27001 service;
• Experience of working with NHS IG Toolkit;
For more information & Immediate consideration, please apply online.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job