PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The Council receives a very large volume of Subject Access Requests (SAR), Information Sharing Requests (ISR), Freedom of Information Requests (FOI) and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR). The purpose of this job role is to assist the Information Governance Lead and Information Management Officer in processing these requests.
- Key tasks and accountabilities identified below are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. The post holder will be expected to carry out other Information Management related duties from time to time.
- The post holder will work on SARs, EIR requests, ISRs and FOI requests as required.
- Keep up to date with technological, legislative and regulatory changes as they relate to the responsibilities of this post and to provide advice accordingly, recommending changes and new initiatives where appropriate.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Council’s document management system (eDOCS) and promote its use across the authority.
- Such other duties, within the competence of the post holder that may be required, reasonably, from time to time.
- Operate effectively in an environment of constant change.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out duties and in accordance with instructions and codes of conduct which include the customer care code, corporate financial regulations, legal requirements that apply at the London Borough of Hackney.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A good knowledge and understanding of relevant IT systems (e.g the MS Office suite).
- Familiar with the activities, structure, and position in the organisation of the functions or departments for which services are provided.
- Experience of:
- o working in an information management environment
- o working with others to deliver a project or service
- o dealing with all routine office duties.
- o dealing with sensitive records, including social care records.
- Good knowledge of the Data Protection Act and experience in enforcing relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and the Public Sector Re-Use of Information.
ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently research legislation when necessary.
- Ability to deal with vulnerable people in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with the required level of privacy.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to present information in a structured way appropriate to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance with a high level of tact and insight to the needs of the third party.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads in line with LBH corporate objectives and customer needs.
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A methodical, accurate and reliable approach to own work and that of others.
- Ability to work well within a team and support colleagues effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of proactively analysing processes to identify potential for streamlining and problem solving - for example patterns of calls.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A good command of the English language
- English GCSE A-C
- Educated to a degree level
- A recognised information qualification (e.g. ISEB Data Protection)