New opportunity not to be missed. Our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Information & Desk Research Manager to join the team based in Slough. Joining them on a full time fixed term basis until March 31st 2019, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £35,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
They are a not-for-profit organisation and the leading independent provider of education research and insights, working to create an excellent education for all children and young people.
About the role of Information and Desk Research Manager
The role will lead desk research projects and services as part of the Centre for Research Planning and Knowledge Management. In the role of Information and Desk Research Manager, you’ll:
- Manage and contribute to business knowledge management strategy through education policy/research monitoring, horizon scanning, and information management/library-related activities
- Research and write concise and insightful policy and research briefings and provide colleagues with timely information to support bids/business development, topic knowledge, methodological expertise and ongoing professional development
- Project manage literature reviews and policy/practice mapping studies, from developing search strategies through to report writing
- Assist with or lead on developing, writing and costing proposals to win desk research contracts
- Compile, and ensure quality assurance of, information on the education systems and policies of England, Wales and Northern Ireland as part of the Eurydice project.
As an experienced, versatile and logical desk researcher or information/knowledge/policy professional, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational/project management skills
- Excellent information management skills
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly, tailored to a variety of audiences
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance skills
- Previous experience of, or a strong interest in, tracking developments and writing about government policy areas (ideally education).
They are the UK’s largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education, training and children’s services. With an income of £18 million and 210 staff, they are a registered charity whose purpose is to make a difference to learners of all ages, especially to the lives of children and young people, by ensuring their work improves the practice and understanding of those who work with and for learners.
They undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. They provide high quality, evidence-based research for policy makers, managers and practitioners. Their unrivalled experience enables them to offer a wide range of services and information sites, making the company a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in education and improving children’s lives.
Their offices are located in lovely grounds close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – they are within easy reach of the M4 and M40, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail. Free parking, 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays plus additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
They are a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
How to Apply
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as an Information & Desk Research Manager please click ‘Apply’ below.
Closing date: Wednesday 18 April 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 April 2018
Applicants for this Information & Desk Research Manager post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
They are an equal opportunity employer, an Investor in People and a Registered Charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job