Service Care Solutions are looking for an Information Assurance Advisor to work within the Devon and Cornwall Police on a 3-month contract.
- To provide business driven advice on the management of security and information risk consistent with Alliance, regional and national information assurance policy.
- To assist Police Officers and Police Staff across the Alliance in the routine application and interpretation of security or information assurance policies and practices.
- Provide the Alliance with advice and guidance on necessary physical security requirements required to protect Police Officers and Staff, infrastructure, assets, and information across the 3 Counties. Provide recommendations on cost effective improvements based on threat levels.
- Provides analysis and feedback, identifies trends in security breaches and recommending mitigating actions as required.
- Provide training and awareness on information assurance across the Alliance, ensuring a security culture that is embedded within the organisation.
- Undertake assigned routine or ad hoc audits to test compliance with information assurance policies or standards. Specifically, this will be focused on undertaking self-audits against the ISO27001 standard or other compliance requirements.
- As a result of audits, provide comprehensive reports identifying gaps in compliance, and recommend appropriate action plans to remedy any failings.
- Provide oversight and management of the Alliance's physical access control systems (FABS/PAC).
- Act as Crypto-Custodian for the Alliance, ensuring the efficient ordering, recording, and issuing of cryptographic material.
- Provide second line support for security/information assurance related systems and applications and physical security furniture.
- A good understanding of the principles of information assurance, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and how it can be applied across the different areas of an organisation.
- An understanding of risk management, and in particular risk assessments.
- Experience of providing specialist advice, knowledge, and opinion, ideally within the field of information assurance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex information to non-specialists.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: or tel: .
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'