Within the BI team they facilitate over £50b of payment and collections each. The team provision customer, policy and transaction data supporting valuation, accounting and business MI.
- Responsible for ETL design and development ensuring ETL processes are coherent, efficient and support the strategy for data architecture.
- Able to develop and embedded a strategy around leverage of Informatica Web Analyst and Developer to support incremental business change and self-service.
- Act as the ETL technical design expert for new projects (of varying size) and developments, working with actuarial customers to refine requirements and build value adding changes as efficiently as possible (likely from a product backlog).
- Proactively identify improvements required within existing Warehouse solutions and plan redesign work.
- Work with business data experts around complex problems and design and develop efficient solutions.
- Formulate and communicate proposals to leverage advances in ETL technologies, including development of Proof of Concept solutions where appropriate,
- Skilled in the use of all Informatica tooling, including Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer, Data Validation Option (DVO) and Metadata Manager.
- Good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders.
- Organised (work management of self and others) and self-motivated.
- Ability to assimilate technical and business information and to help translate these into practical solutions.
- Ability to positively challenge existing and proposed solutions and present designs and ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Familiarity with software solution development lifecycles.
- Some commercial awareness of financial services industry and processes - Actuarial being a strong advantage.
What your get in return:
- Salary on range of £35,000 - £45,000
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
If interested please press "apply" now. If you require further information please give John a ring.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job