The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in In Flight Supply Chain (IFSC) is to be the single service provider to the TUI Group Airlines for all on-board supply chain needs. This change will take us from four logistics operations with a limited supplier base and focus on downstream logistics, to a pan-European logistics function with end to end focus, scale and expertise. The aim is to capitalise on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery, whilst enabling the TUI Tour Operators of each Source Market to drive revenue growth and meet customer satisfaction targets. We will work with suppliers of choice, operating with transparency and control, to enable activity based charging and a KPI-driven team of supply chain experts.
The main purpose of this role is to support the IFSC team with all administrational activities, which contribute to the delivery of customer and crew value propositions on-board all TUI aircraft for the Northern Region (UK&I and Nordics).
The Operations Admin Support will work with the Operations Delivery Leads across the Northern region to deliver an excellent service to our internal and external stakeholders, operational cost efficiencies and to drive achievement of operational KPI and customer satisfaction targets.
As a member of the IFSC Operations Delivery team, you are responsible to help identify opportunities to optimize the current TUI Airlines’ inflight service operations. The role will support IFSC in driving TUI to a more transparent price and process structure, introducing automated supply chain cost controls, and ensuring TUI airlines only pay for supply chain services that are delivered.
What you will be doing
As the IFSC Operational Admin Support you will be responsible for the operations delivery of your allocated part of the TUI airlines’ inflight supply chain for the Northern Region. The main area of responsibility lies in the handling of Pre and Post flight operations administration, such as but not limited to processing all the cabin flight reports including trend analysis, invoice auditing and budget tracking, maintenance of manuals, (master) data storage and version control, management of Flight Management Tool, protecting the IFSC audit program cycle and data analysis, preparing and uploading briefings, processing flight safety reports, keeping the supplier information portal up to date,
You will be expected to work closely with your counterpart in the Western Region (Belgium and The Netherlands) to ensure processes and best practices are aligned as much as possible across the regions. This will require travel from time to time (sometimes this is short notice), not only within but also between the regions.
The Operations Delivery team will drive cost and operational efficiencies, including designing and implementing continuous improvement and quality control processes, and ensure conformance to budgetary expectations. You will liaise with internal customers and stakeholders in the Northern Region for local responsibilities and external customers for cross airline responsibilities to ensure delivery of agreed levels of customer service.
As part of the IFSC team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the strategic principle “understand, control and pay for what we get” is part of the culture of the organisation and supports in driving this vision forward in your scope of influence in the IFSC. Using continuous improvement and quality control process you will ensure that third parties deliver services to the standard required by TUI Airlines. All IFSC teams including yourself are setup in a flexible way to ensure optimum balance in workload is strived for across all functions enabling absorbance and exchange of (new) tasks when relevant.
What we are looking for
- Relevant experience in Aviation, preferably including catering logistics.
- Experience coordinating the delivery of complex operations maintaining effective monitoring procedures; plans for problems or obstacles before they arise and works with a distributed team and stakeholders to spot and resolve issues before impacting on business performance.
- Capacity to support the transformation of existing complex and obscure supply chain arrangements into transparent, flexible and controlled networks
- Confidence in exploring new, unfamiliar ideas and delivering radical change in difficult business environments
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries
- Cultural sensitivity, with experience of working as part of a pan-European team
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other Northern European languages an advantage
- Able to operate as a trusted partner to multiple source markets, and to influence the application of common solutions and best practice in all airlines
- Able to travel as and when required across the UK and Europe, at times this could be short notice
- Flexible and able to manage work through ambiguity, complexity and shifting priorities, demands and timelines and differing stakeholder positions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities to accurately analyse data and take appropriate action
- Able to challenge assumptions and think outside of the box
Working within TUI group
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.